Thank you for joining part 2 of my conversation with Indian Classical music singer, Vidya Srinivasan!
In this episode, Vidya shares:
- Examples and demonstrations of Carnatic and Hindustani music
- The religious, societal and cultural roots of each type and how music plays an integral part in Indian life
- Her love of film music and her take on American films (why don’t we have music in our films?!)
- The role of the artist in business and how her career singing helps with her work in technology as a presenter and at conferences where singing helps her stand out to audiences
- She talks about how music accompanies her work and times of deep creative work
- How blessed she was to be able to choose her career. She could be an engineer or be a singer. She chose work as an engineer but… not for the reasons you might think
- Where and how she gets inspired to work on music
Want to hear part 1? Listen now
Episode transcript coming soon!